Thursday, June 15, 2017

Crockpot Gravy

Ok, so I didn't just make gravy, I cooked  some meat along with it.  I have finally mastered making crockpot gravy though.  This recipe is my stand by.  Any kind of meat that you want gravy with will work.  This time I used 4 cube steaks.  I salted and peppered them for seasoning.  I added 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup to the bottom, added my meat (with a little soup in between to prevent them from sticking together).  I used a secon can of soup and mixed in a packet of onion soup mix and spread that on top of the meat.  I added 1 cup of beef broth and set it on low to cook for about 4 hours. When the meat is cooked, remove it and turn the slow cooker on high until the gravy starts to boil.  To thicken it I figured approximatly 3 cups of liquid (he cans are almost 16 ounces of concentrate and then 1 cup of broth) so I added 3 TBSP of corn starch and just enough water to make a paste in a measuring cup.  When the gravy started to boil I added in the cornstarch and stirred a little.  It didn't take long to get thick. I heated some water and mixed up some instant potatoes.   A very yummy meal indeed!