Sunday, July 23, 2017

You Might Think I'm a Flake


and quite honestly sometimes I feel like one.  I can't count the number of different blogs I have had over the years.  I hop around so much.  Sometimes I export all my posts, sometimes they have died along with the deleted blog.  I wish I had some of my original posts back when I first started blogging.  I originally started posting here on blogger back in 2004 or so when we were homeschooling.  We did flat travelers and we used the blog as a way to save postage and to let the visiting flat know what was going on each day.  Those are forever gone. *sigh*

I've blogged at Blogger, way back when it was blogspot.  I've blogged at homeschoolblogger (I think that's what it was called), I blogged at Xanga, Wordpress, Typepad, on my own sever (usually wordpress).....I tried complicated formats like drupal and joomla and probably a few more spots I've forgotten about over the years.  All in all though I believe I have been blogging [all over the place] for about 13 years.  One place I always seem to come back to though, is Blogger.

This last move and return was a big disappointment for me.  If you remember (I may have posted this but I can't remember) I was trying to get set up as an affiliate to sell yarn.  I  thought it would look more professional if my blog, that I was using to promote the products, was hosted on my own server.  That's the reason for the move about a month or so ago.  I tried 3 different companies  and 2 turned me down due to some affiliate legality between their "home state" and Kansas.  The 3rd company I couldn't even finish the application process because their site was messed up.  I attempted to contact them several times and never received a reply.  So I guess 3 strikes and I'm out.  

Since there are no real reasons to host on my own server anymore I came back here.  I have copy pasted the posts and dated them the same as "the other place".  If you get a link there, that's OK.  You should also be able to find that same post here on the same date.

Another hopping around I have been doing is hopping between YouTube videos and posting.  Since I have Adsense set up on YouTube I am not able to set it up on my blog.  At least I haven't figured it out anyway. LOL!  I don't like making videos but seeing my view counts go up, up, up and my estimated earnings, it is getting excited.  I'm no where near getting a check from them (you need at least $100 before they "pay you"), but if I keep making videos that people are watching I'll get there some day.  I don't expect to make millions from YouTube, but a few hundred here and there would be nice.  I will link to my most recent videos soon.  If you're in a hurry to watch them though you can visit my cannel.

Thanks for understanding.  I hope to see you all soon.<3 p="">