Thursday, May 21, 2020

Finished the Hat that Steve Shopped my Stash for the Yarn

If you watched my last Yarn Talk video 2 weeks ago, Steve went "yarn shopping" from my stash for my next hat.  If you don't want to go watch the video you can read my short post HERE on my blog.  He chose a ** Caron Cupcake Sweet Berries.  (this yarn was gifted for my charity hat making.  thank you to the anonymous gifter.)  I was going to knit a hat, but my circular hat needles are a bit big for a "3" weight yarn.  I used my ** Clover "G" tunisian double ended hook and a leftover ball from another cupcake for the return stitch.  I really like the finished hat.  It is a teen/small adult size.  It fits me pretty snug though, so probably more a child/teen size.  That's OK though I"m stocking my bucket hoping to have enough to donate to a couple groups this winter.



I couldn't wait to get started on another hat.  This one is another Tunisian in the round, but using "4" weight yarn.  I am using a ** Clover "H" tunisian double end hookI Love This Yarn "Spring Willow" and a misc. ball of Redheart that I do not know the name of because it had no label.  
I'm not sure about this color combination but I do think I want to knit a hat with this I Love This Yarn.  I'm curious the knit pattern it would create.  
I did find a new way to start a Tunisian hat in the round.  I need to practice it a few more times before I share.  It's basically the same except starting with the TSS color you start with the return color.  I can't remember where I seen it though.  I should have noted that, but I didn't.  

Thanks for stopping by and reading!  Don't forget to lave a comment and tell me what have you been working on or finished this past week. 

**As a Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage when you purchase items from one of my links (the item doesn't have to be what I have linked here).  Thanks so much for helping to support Adventures with Anna!   Here is my link:  https://amzn.to/2XjMye8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!