Thursday, November 11, 2021

How I Made This Cute Tunisian Crochet Rag Doll Kitty Kitty

(originally posted January 8, 2021 on my old blog)



SO I was browsing YouTube and a new [tunisian crochet] channel popped up on my suggested videos. Of course I had to check it out. I's not in english and there are no translation via CC available so I did this all on my own by using the above screenshot of the item the creator was talking about. Here's a link to the original video at the timestamp when this cute kitty cat is mentioned.


I made all my pieces with a combination of tunisian simple stitch and regular single crochet.

Here are my "chicken scratch" instructions for what I did. Hope you can understand them. Everything is worked in the round. I used worsted weight yarn, except the nose/mouth and it was a sock or fingering weight yarn. Regular crochet hook sizes F and H, and a size G double end tunisian hook. I also used safety eyes in the center of the eyes. I don't know what size I used as my eyes were gifted and have no sizes with the packages.

Color 1 = Blue and Color 2 = Green for my instructions

Legs/Tail (make 5)

with H crochet hook and Color 1 make 6 SC in a magic loop.

row 2 12 SC

Row 3-12 with G double end tunisian hook TSS

finish off and leave tail for sewing and joining

Body

with H crochet hook and Color 1 chain 14 and work in the round. adding 1 INC stitch in the ends (30) Work a total of 8 rows single crochet

With G double end hook TSS 10 rows

Change back to H hook and work 12 Single crochet rows

finish off and leave tail for sewing and joining

Eyes

With F crochet hook in the round

6 SC in magic circle

INC (12)

2 more rows (12)

finish and leave long tail for sewing and joining.

I added a safety eye in the middle

Ears

With F crochet hook

4 SC in magic circle

inc (8) and one more row (8)

increase (12)

increase (16) and 2 more rows is SC (16)

Assemble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!