Friday, February 16, 2024

Scrap Yarn Tote and Loom Hat Project Update

 Earlier this week I decided to organize my scrap yarn tote.  The yarn balls were all tangled and it was just a mess.  I am sure I probably have more scraps hidden in my craft room. 😂  


It laid them all out on the table and snapped a picture so I can refer back to it to see what is in there without digging through and messing it all up again. 




It was completely full back in November when I started making hats for Preschool.  Theres still a lot left. The tote is a 40 quart size. 


This week I worked on the loom knit hat.  I was going to give it to a lady at my church who asked for a hat, but decided to give her something different. I will share that in a bit.  The neon fleck grey (I Love This Yarn Grey Confetti), which was in my scrap tote, ran out on row 51. I made a notation on my stitch counter. 


I have finished row 73 of 102. (Trying to make it even 😂)  The grey I chose to finish it was from the stash in my craft room. It technically could be considered a scrap it is a loosely wound cake I was given. It was a little darker than I was expecting but I think it will look good together.

I mentioned above I decided to make a different hat for my church lady friend.  I think this looks a little classier, which will fit her much better. 


This is the ribbed crochet hat that is my most favorite crochet hat pattern to make. It is a free pattern on Ravelry:  Cables & Stripes Hat . I make mine a little different than the pattern.  I make mine in the round and always make the brim different each time. I like variety.  
I am using I Love This Yarn Print “Orange Zest”

My definition of a scrap is anything less than 2 ounces, (which most hats I make use about 2 ounces of yarn) or a skein thats just too floppy that I end up rolling into a ball, or something that has been gifted and already been wound into a ball or cake. 

If you are wondering about the tunisian hat mentioned in my previous written post, check out my vlog post. I made more than that one hat last weekend 😂.

If this is your first time visiting Welcome! If you have visited before, Welcome Back! Don't forget to sign up to posts delivered to your email, or make sure to Bookmark my page and check back often.  Leave me a comment below. 

❤️🧶 Anna


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:54 PM

    Oh dear 🤣. Hopefully 🤞🏽 I got this. Thank juju for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!