Pages

Monday, September 02, 2024

What's On My Needles Now?

 Well....I mentioned it was a hat.....that I was knitting flat.  But why flat? Well the yarn I am using is a bulky weight yarn.  a size 5.  I am using a size US9 or 5.5mm which is recommended on the ball band.  I casted on 72 using the crochet cast on method.  Hopefully that is gonna be big enough.  It appears it should be.  Oh yah, WHY Flat?  Well because I don't have any DPNs for that size of needle.  I figure it will give me a chance to learn a new knitting skill.....seaming up a project.  Nothing fancy on this one.  I made about a 1.5 inch ribbed brim and am just knitting every row.  Guess that's called garter stitch.  I am looking forward to finishing it.

The yarn is loops and threads carousel twist lemoncello


Have you ever made a flat knit hat?  Can you recommend a good YT video explaining the best way to seam up a project?

I thought it might be fun to look back through the years and see what "past me"  posted on the same date.  All links open in a new window so you can easily come back here. Enjoy!  P.S. some old posts have missing pictures and links may be dead or non existent.  

On this date in 2013:  Cooking a Whole Chicken in the Crockpot

Guess there is only 1 past post for September 2.


Thanks for stopping by 💙🧶

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!