Thursday, November 14, 2013

Skillet Fried Corn

I will never steam, boil, or microwave frozen corn again.  We have been making this skillet fried corn for about 4 weeks now and it is AMAZING!   We make 2.5# bag at a time.  All measurements, except the whole stick of butter, I give are approximate.  Season it to your tastes, try other seasonings.  We have tried cilantro, and it is good too.  The seasonings I added this time are the standard ones we add each time we make it.

Over medium heat melt a stick of butter in a skillet. 
(I'd already made a pan full so that's why my skillet looks "dirty")

Add the frozen corn and mix to coat corn with butter.

Add parsley.  I don't measure but I'm guessing this would be a slightly rounded tablespoon.

Add sugar. I'm guessing this is about 2 teaspoons.

Probably about a slightly  rounded  teaspoon salt

About a rounded teaspoon pepper

Mix together and cook until hot. I think mine takes about 5 minutes.

Serve. Mmmm good.  Best corn I think I've ever had!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!