Tuesday, November 05, 2013

From This Day Forward by Margaret Daley ~~ Book Review

It's been a while since I've written a book review (May 11, 2013). Don't think I've not been reading. I completed my Good Reads reading challenge, of 24 books, and am still going strong. :-)  I've actually read 29 books this year and am currently reading #30.    I recently got a Kansas Library Card, and it has opened a whole new world of books for me.  It's like going to the library and checking out books, instead of waiting for one I want to read or scrolling through the mountainous collection of free books I've gotten from Amazon in the past year and a half.  With the KSLC  I can check out books and download them to mu kindle for 14 days with "tokens" that are replenished weekly.  It kind of makes it a challenge to get them read in 2 weeks.  So far I haven't had any problem reading them.  Recently I downloaded From This Day Forward  by Margaret Daley.  I Loved it!


  Description on Amazon: Penniless, pregnant, and newly widowed immigrant Rachel Gordon doesn't believe her situation could get any worse...until she meets her new neighbors. Shortly after the War of 1812, Rachel and her husband set out from England for a plantation in South Carolina, which he had purchased sight unseen. However, while en route, Tom Gordon fell overboard and drowned, leaving Rachel, frightened and alone, to make a home for her and her newborn. Can a battle-scarred American physician who comes to her rescue also heal her wounded heart?


My thoughts on this book.  like I said I LOVED it!  I can't say that for all books, most I really like.  What I liked about this book is Rachel had a kind heart.  She is determined to try things even though she has never experienced them before.  She is determined.  She is willing to forgive and take in strangers when she herself has little.  I also liked the bad guys and the alligator fights and the snakes.  Hard to put down, and kept me wanting to keep reading because something kept happening.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!