Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday ~~ 11/11/13

happyhomemakermonday
You know, even though I'm not a SAHM I'm still a homemaker.  I have a family to take care of and a home that should be kept it neat and clean.  I do also have the responsibility of 2 businesses to keep neat and clean, and a multitude of customers to care for as well.  Wow!  So....I've decided Happy Homemaker Monday,is all about my home AND my businesses.  They are where I spend my time, with my family none the less, 24 hours a day.

The weather.....  I posted this picture about 11pm last night.  Since then the temps have changed: It's now 9am, and here is the new temps:  Mon 62/28, Tues 39/21, Wed 48/30, Thurs 51/36, Fri 54/39.  It's crazy how fast the weather changes here. 

Right now I am.... sitting on the hard stool that makes my back and neck hurt, typing up this post and drinking a cup of Caffe D'Vita Peppermint Mocha Cappuccino.  I plan to do a review about it later this week.  Hubby has some kind of heavy metal music playing.  It's not too bad, but nothing I remember from the 80's.  It has a good beat and I can understand the words, so it can't be all bad, right?

On my Kindle.... I  finished  reading Escape To Sanctuary (Truly Yours Digital Editions), I read a cute little kids book Fairies and their Friends, and am currently reading Love Finds You in Hope, Kansas.  After I started reading I realized that I've read this one before, but it's been a long time. I think I remember what happens in the book.  LOL!  My only complaint about this one is the download is very small print and the formatting for the book doesn't allow any text size changes.  I got it from the Kansas Library Card online e-books.  The best part is it's a "story about home"  Hope, Kansas is a real place, and I've been there quite a bit for ball games for school.

TV on my Computer..... oh who knows  LOL!  I think I'd rather read a book instead right now.  Come January that will be a different story because ABC's Switched at Birth comes back on.  Of course it takes place in Kansas, so I HAVE to watch it.  LOL!

What I found while surfing the net.... I've been trying to find a good homemade tomato soup recipe.  All I've ever eaten is the canned campbells soup.  I made some using this recipe last week.  It was really good, but it didn't taste like what I was used to eating.  I almost bet that most people associate tomato soup with campbells, so that is the taste/texture I'm looking for. This recipe is the one that I'm trying next.  Tomato soup will be the next homemade soup we offer at Cosmic Castle.  It will go perfect with our grilled cheese sandwiches, and it will be a cheap meal, under $5 for soup, sandwich and drink.  Can't beat that!  I also found this Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread that doesn't require rising time so I would like to try it sometime soon too.

On my to do list this week.... [at the lock/incense shop this week:]
  1. sweep
  2. clean the glass cases
  3. I have a couple incenses that are out and I need to soak more
  4. I'm sure there is more.....I just don't want to think about it  LOL!
[ for Cosmic Castle this week:]
  1. order cream
  2. order ice cream
  3. Beginning today (Monday) we will be closed on Monday's, and open regular hours the rest of the week
  4. Tonight (Monday) we will make the Chicken N Noodles (from scratch to serve Tuesday evening)
  5. Tuesday evening after close I do inventory
  6. Tuesday night we are serving our chicken n noodle dinner
  7. After we close on Tuesday if there is any chicken noodles left we will make it into soup to sell the next couple days.
  8. Thursday is truck day
  9. Thursday night we are serving Hot Beef dinner.
  10. If there is any beef left from Thursday night we will either offer the Hot Beef again on Friday and/or make vegetable beef soup to sell.
  11. We are hosting a birthday party on Saturday YEA!
  12. we have changed things around a little and our help is coming in after lunch now, and working the afternoons.  Hubby and I will be taking turns  working the lunch hour.
[at home this week:]
  1. Make 2 loaves of homemade banana bread to sell at Cosmic Castle  (no sense is wasting over ripe bananas)
  2. work on laundry, I have some drying on the drying racks and some towels in the washer waiting on their turn to dry
  3. try to do a little each night to keep place clean
  4. keep dishes washed
  5. put clean/dry laundry away
  6. start thinking about thanksgiving.  I've invited my son's finance over.  she is supposed to get back with me on whether she is coming for lunch or supper.
In the craft basket.... I still haven't been doing anything, but my husband has been working with foam lately.  He is still working on a cannon to go with his pile of (foam) cannon balls.

Looking forward to this week.... definitely not the cold weather!  I AM looking forward to tonight though. Since we are closed at Cosmic Castle, it opens up a whole new world in the evenings!  We can actually GO OUT OF TOWN now if we want!  :-D  Also looking forward to Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Looking around the house.... I decided to clean the kitchen last night so I didn't have to rush to do it right before making noodles.  I had everything washed and wiped down and clean, but this morning there was 1 dish in the sink again....someone must have had something to eat after I closed down the kitchen for the night.  Kids gotta love their late night snacking.  Of course it was blamed on the cats, who seem to LOVE coco crispies cereal.  LOL!  There are a several bags of trash to go out, which I will need help to get them out to the dumpster. (that's what happen when I clean)  Floors need vacuumed and the clean laundry put away.

On my prayer list.....
  • My grandpa (he's 94 years old)
  • My sister
  • Business decisions
  • Hubby is a little under the weather.  he CAN'T get sick though
  • Tuesday night to happen again without a glitch and be successful
  • Thursday night to happen without a glitch and be successful
  This post linked to Happy Homemaker Monday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom    

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're a very busy woman. Thanks for dropping by my site and writing the comment. I love meeting people on here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!