Friday, April 25, 2014

Recycled Coffee Filters

A "cousin" of mine sent me a sample of some of their homemade honey roasted coffee. I am not a coffee drinker unless it has milk and flavor.  You know....like a latte. I've tried and tried the past couple years and just couldn't do it.  I tried their coffee and loved it.  So since I had coffee filters I decided to try some other store bought coffee.  I got some best choice medium roast french vanilla coffee.  Smells amazing, but has no french vanilla flavor. However after 4 pots I discovered a ratio I can handle.  I have been averaging 2-4 cups a day, which with my mug its more like 4-8 cups a day.  What does coffee filters have to do with it? They are super cheap. I got a package of 100 on sale for 99¢ when I was expecting the coffee from my "cousin". I discovered I could rinse them and dry them and reuse them. I'll make that 99¢ stretch.  Am I strange or are there others who do this too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!