Saturday, May 03, 2014

A Peek into My Day -- My Eyes Are Sticky!

I like to read about other people's day.  All of them I read sound exciting to me, probably because it's different than my day.  I think what I do every day is boring.....because I do it every day.  Sometimes there is something out of the ordinary, but not very often.  Most days it's the same thing up, go to work, eat every so often (usually it's the same things almost every meal), go home, go to bed, repeat about 8 hours later.  I chose today, Saturday May 3, 2014, to give a peek into my day because I figured it would be just as uneventful as most other days, as nothing exciting was scheduled to make it be an eventful day.  Boy was I ever wrong.  Today didn't start out like the average day.  Read on.......

Let's start at midnight, since really 12 am is the beginning of the day, right?.  I was STILL UP (since 8am Friday morning)!  I think we finally went to bed about 12:30.  

At about 1:30 I woke up and texted  the boy to see when he would be home.  He had gone to a teen thing at the local youth center, which he does almost every Friday night.  He said "soon" and about 15 minutes or so later, he got home.

So far it's been pretty normal, but things are about to change.......

About 4:30am hubby's phone starts ringing.  We missed 2 calls.  I get up and check his phone.....the alarm is going off at one of our businesses.  I pulled on a skirt and t-shirt, grabbed my jacket and was out the door. Upon arriving, the alarm was still going off, but everything looked ok. I shut it off and checked the outside doors, and they were all secure.  So I decided to go in the front. (No police, the few times I HAVE called them early morning like this in the past, they have always made it seem like it wasn't important and a hassle to come out and assist.)  Everything was normal. I did have the video camera going on my phone, just in case.  LOL!  Must have been a false alarm.  I texted hubby, and headed home.

Want to Check with me?  Here's the video I took when I entered the building.  I could see much better than the camera could.  LOL!
 


About 5:00 I was back in bed WIDE AWAKE!  I'm sure I cat napped but It seemed like I layed there for ever.

About 6:45 I checked the time.....the alarm goes off in 30 minutes. I need to get some sleep.

7:16 the alarm went off. I hit the snooze every 10 minutes until I shut it off at 8:00.  THEN I FELL ASLEEP for 15 minutes.  I'm not really running late, but yet I kind of am.  I got dressed, combed my hair and brushed my teeth, and fed and watered the cats.  Really should have cleaned their boxes, but it can wait until tonight, or tomorrow, or Monday....No really I will most likely clean them tonight.  

About 8:30 we leave the house. 4 blocks away hubby stopped and got out of his van (we take separate vehicles)....."did you get the hamburger [for chili]?"  Nope I hadn't. I circled around and got the hamburger.

About 8:50 I finally got to the shop to get ready to open (at 9:00).

From 9:00am to about 10:30am I was at the shop.  First thing I did, after opening, was get a pot of coffee going.  I'm trying to like coffee.  Not doing too bad actually.  LOL!  We got a package ready to ship out to a customer, I copied some keys, edited the Cosmic Castle web page, promoted our businesses on Facebook and Twitter, started this blog so I didn't forget anything.  

About 10:30 I headed to the castle. I will be there until at least 10:30 tonight. While I was there.....I took orders, made food and desserts, swept floors, washed dishes, cleaned tables, stocked things,  ran between our 2 businesses a couple times, snuck away to the dollar store on an erand...the 84° weather is beautiful!....read my book a little, checked g+, checked Facebook, was bored because we were empty, washed dishes, took more orders, read some more, browsed pinterest, did more dishes, closed up and went home.

Got home about 10:30pm. Started laundry...have to wash and dry so we can have clean clothes tomorrow, cleaned those litter boxes, swept the front porch, porch steps, and sidewalk, forced myself to take a shower (I hate our shower),  put towels in to wash, and finally headed to bed about 12:30, and played a couple games of bingo on my phone.

Im hitting publish. Hopefully I get a good nights sleep.  Hope you enjoyed a look at my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!