Friday, August 08, 2014

Friday Book Review ~~ Safe by the Marshal's Side

Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection Book 1) by Shirlee McCoy


I wasn't sure I would like this book since  I'm not so much into the mystery and suspense like I was back when I read every Nancy Drew book that was published.  However I was pleasantly surprised.

Young mother, Annie (not her real name, it was changed for her protection) and her young daughter Sophia are in protective custody after Annie's husband was shot and killed.  The killer also tried to kill Annie, but the gun misfired.

Annie and Sophia have been in protective custody for almost a year, awaiting the trial for the individuals that shot and killed her husband.  US Maeshall Hunter Davis and his team have been protecting her.  They have been on the run because for some reason someone keeps finding the safe houses and making threats.  Finally Hunter makes the decision to hide Annie and Sophia, with the help of his other team members, at his home.  He tells no one except those directly assisting him.    This keeps them safe until after the trial when tragedy strikes again.

I liked this book.  At times I thought the book was going to loose my interest, but there was always something to keep me reading.  I recommend reading this book.



Leave me a link to your most recent book review in you comment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!