Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Gym

Well we did it, took the plunge. Tonight we got a family membership to The Gym. Its about 3 blocks away. Looking forward to working out in the air conditioning. They also have showers. No more awkward moments at my oldest sons house.

Still trying to keep the upstairs cooler on hot days.  We have had s couple this past week. I asked my Facebook friends and got some good suggestions. #1 I put the blackout curtains on the inside and the curtains window side. They are red/white checkered so a light color which actually helps repel the heat from the sun. That seemed to help a little, but not enough. Suggestion #2 was Styrofoam insulation. We have some! Hubby does foam crafting and had some extra I could use. It is 2 inches thick and doesn't cover a whole window. It must cover enough though. Tonight it was much cooler. I put the foam between the curtain and the blackout curtain.

We have rain on the way. Supposed to rain for the next 7 or so days. Hoping that coolscools things off more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!