Friday, August 14, 2015

Catch-Up Again

Just a head up, this post is photo heavy.  After reading you will know why I've not been around this week.

Monday night we did some floor repair in the "gaming loft" at The Castle.



 We went to the Gym

Who knew an Ab workout could be so fun.  Basketball?  Seriously!  I was pretty tired from my other workouts by the time I got here so I didn't get to "play" much.

Tuesday I finished the afghan for my sister.  Just need to weave in my ends, still.

 We also started painting the walls in the bathroom at The Castle. Out with the nasty purple, in with the Real Teal!

I stepped out to get something and came back to this on the wall.  Awwwwww so sweet!

 I also started some zucchini chips and tomato slices drying in my dehydrator.  I had the thing FULL!

Wednesday, thanks to the cooler temps we're having, we moved the bed back upstairs.  We don't have AC up there and with 100*+ heat index there was no way we would have survived.  It's nice to have the mattress up off the floor and to be able to properly make it again.

We moved Fuzz back upstairs too, and she knew right where she belonged.  

My dehydrator goods finished drying also.  Here's my tomatoes.  They are my favorite from this week.

and I had a quart and a half  (zip  bags) of zucchini chips.  These are strange, but I think they are growing on me.  Kinda taste like salted straw.  LOL!

 I WAS going to make the no boil slow cooker mac and cheese, but the day was chaos and I didn't get a chance to get it started.  Hubby was out of town on a job and didn't get back until about 5:30, so thankfully I found a regular homemade mac and cheese recipe that used the same ingredients!  This was ok, but it needed some spices or something.  Rather bland.  I don't like all the salt in store bought mac and cheese, but right now it's still the favorite.

 Last night (Thursday) I made the Cream Cheese Chicken, and OH MY WORD was it good!  It was a little on the rich side, but yah, it was good!

Since most of the promised crochet projects are nearly done I did some Tunisian Crochet.  Learned another new stitch in making this wishy washy dishcloth.

So now I'm trying to finish up a Rich Textures Cable Tote for a friend.  I hope to have it done by tomorrow night when they come over.  I should have it done I only have 6 more rows and the handles to make and sew on.


See you again on Monday unless I find some time this weekend to sneak in a post.  Have a good one Everyone!

I'll be working on another menu this weekend as well.....looking forward to sharing it on Monday.  You can see what's currently in my Freezer and what I have on hand to make on the sidebar.





1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed that! I put a little hot sauce in my mac and cheese to give it some zip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!