Saturday, November 26, 2016

Busy End of the Week

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, but Whew!  I'm glad it's is over!  Now Christmas is even closer and there is SO much to do and SO much going on......I think I need a long vacation after all this holiday stuff is over!

I cooked for my family and a close family friend.  We had a late supper because oldest son's finance had to work that afternoon.  We had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, potato salad, corn, green bean casserole, rolls and butter.  FDIL brought a cheesecake for dessert.  Lovely evening!  I wouldn't change anything, well except maybe FDIL not having to work.

The past month we have been working extra hard at cleaning out the old house.  We had someone who wanted to buy it.  We sold it cheap because it's not worth much, it's in such bad shape.  We finished up thanksgiving night after everyone had left.  We got it all......we think.  Now to clean out the van.  *sigh*  We signed over the house yesterday.  It's a relief for sure.

Thanksgiving eve I started a stress relief project......
I don't know why, but I'm weird this way.  I couldn't just tie scraps together and make a project, until I found and followed this link on pinterest.  It's like it "gave me permission" to do something like this.  I started out with no clue what I was going to make from it, but after 9 increase rows I decided to make a market bag for myself.  I'm tired of all the plastic grocery bags.  We get a lot, and don't use near as many as we used to. 

I also need to get that shawl done.  Christmas is even closer!  like 3 weeks away now until Christmas Eve and the little get together with my mom and sister.  I have maybe 4-5 rows left and it's done.

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!