Thursday, May 08, 2014

Another Short Night and Long Day

9:29am
It was a short night last night. About 3:00am my weather alert went off.  The wind was blowing really hard. We were issued a wind advisory warning. Then my Facebook messenger badinged. A good friend had been woke up by the wind as well and was concerned. We chatted a bit and the wind died down leaving us with a nice cool breeze.  I did notice a few branches and limbs down when I got up. I also found a robin egg laying in the back yard. I bet it got blown out of the nest. It was broke.....just a small crack where it hit the hard dirt.  The national weather service says strong severe storms this afternoon and evening.


Well its 10:30 pm and still no rain or storms. I'm not complaining.  They have bumped the rain up all day long. Currently they are saying 11:45pm. Im still hoping for no rain, becsuse our roof leaks.

We got home early again tonight. Another slow day. *sigh*  I was able to finish reading my book about the Donner Party today. Quite interesting. I plan to watch a documentary on YouTube about the Donner Party.  
When I got home tonight I cooked a couple of the frozen hamburgers for hubby and made a peanut butter & honey sandwich for myself. Finally finished the dishes and cleaned the stove top and counter, and washed and dried the towels for the castle.

I hope I get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be a longer day than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!