Friday, February 24, 2017

It's Time to Start Comparing

Today a new grocery store opened in town.  We didn't add another one (we have 2) but our Country Mart was bought out by King Cash Saver the end of last year.  Our other grocery store is a Save-A-Lot.  It was a no brainer before, SAL was much cheaper 99% of the time.  I needed tortillas for lunch so I went in to "check out" the new store.  WOW!  It looks nice and so different.  No more orange and green, it's now red and black.  They have a lot of new products and thankfully some that we could only get at Country Mart before.  I can't wait to go back when I have more time and really check it out better.  I did see a lot of organic and natural products on the shelves, which we didn't have much of a selection before.  I also seen some things that were cheaper than SAL.  The 2 that stuck out were bananas and milk, both of which we but weekly.  Time to make a price book again.  KCS is closer than SAL. It's only 2 1/2 blocks where SAL is a little over a mile.  KCS is open 6am to 10pm 7 days a week where SAL is only open 8am-8pm M-Sat and 8-6 Sunday.  I'd rather walk to KCS than SAL!  If you aren't familiar with KCS the best I can describe it is it looks like a cross between Food 4 Less and Save-A-Lot or Aldi's the way the store is set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!